Saturday, March 6, 2010

Smile. Really?


March 6, Week 1, Day 6

Part 2, Chapter 2- “A Simple Way To Make A Good First Impression”.  Smile.  That’s it.  That’s the second principle of Part 2, Chapter 2.  Well, Auntie Julie’s a bit threadbare after three hours of fine dining with three children under the age of five, so I guess I should be glad for the brevity and simple message of this chapter.  Yet somewhere within my weary body, a restive voice protests, “Come on, Dale, throw me a bone here.”  It’s after 10pm, and I don’t have the vim for a treatise on the finer points of the smile theory, but I will say this.  Today is my sainted mother’s birthday (hence the fine dining en masse), and my winning smile is due in no small part to her superb mothering skills and endless trips to the orthodontist on my behalf.  Thanks, Mom.  Sorry I kept losing my retainer.   Auntie Julie OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment